Saturday, January 24, 2015

What Sunshine is Into Now


Right Now, I’m Into The Hunger Games.

The Hunger Games is basically a serious game of last man standing, but instead of getting out, you die. Hunger Games is a trilogy that is really exhilarating. Every move comes on as a surprise. It takes place in a dystopia where most districts are poor. The Capitol is harsh on everyone and the most common consequences are death or a method of receiving a severe scar. But no matter what happens, you can never wait for what comes next. The way the Hunger Games works is each of the 12 districts sends out two 11-18 year old tributes, and they kill each other off until the last child remains. I know that it sounds gross and scary, because that is how I thought of it before I read it. But when I finally got the book, I couldn’t put it back down. Instead of thinking it was gory, I just imagined it as a big football game that takes you emotionally. The death of a loved character is like your team losing. You’re eager for a creative revenge. The books are very intriguing. You always want more to read. Finishing the last book brings joy for knowing all the information but devastation, for there is nothing left to read.

Sunshine S., Alcott

No comments:

Post a Comment